The online meeting
March 24, 2023 Department of Social Communication, Faculty of Psychology with the assistance of Department of International Relations Tomsk State University invites university professors, Russian and Vietnamese students, and teachers of the Russian language in Vietnam and their students to take part in the online meeting «Let’s Get Acquainted: How the University Brings Russia and Vietnam Together».
The Siberian city of Tomsk has historically developed as a space of intercultural communication. Being in the center of the Eurasian continent, it has been equally open to the West and the East. Although Tomsk has cold climate conditions and stands aside from the major transport hubs, the city is worth visiting and choosing as a place to study because of the hospitality of Siberian people, and the special cozy atmosphere of an old city.
Tomsk State University (TSU), the first Russian University beyond the Urals, celebrates its 145-year anniversary this year. In 2020, TSU became the most international university in Russia; it was chosen by students of 70 countries. Over the past few years, the Bachelor’s Program in Advertising and Public Relations at TSU has attracted students from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, China, Indonesia and Vietnam.
At the moment, 10 students from Vietnam are doing the Program in Advertising and Public Relations at TSU. In 2021, four Bachelor students graduated from TSU with BAs in Advertising and Public Relations and returned to Vietnam. All these students finished the same Vietnamese specialized schools for gifted children earlier (Secondary School named after Chang Fu in Haiphong and High School named after Nguyen Chai in Haizyong). The teachers of these schools prepare their students in an atmosphere of cultural trust to Russia. Graduates of Vietnamese schools, overcoming stereotypes about Siberia, come to Tomsk and do their degrees successfully at TSU, and the university is grateful to them for this.
On 24 March, from 13.00 to 15.30 (UTC +7) the online meeting Let’s Get Acquainted: How the University Brings Russia and Vietnam Together will be held as part of the International University Conference Connect-Universum-2023. The event will be held in a hybrid format (office 022, University Building 4, TSU + online Zoom meeting).
The meeting is organized for those who are interested in:
- – strengthening the intercultural dialogue between Russia and Vietnam;
- – the role of universities in the development of Russian-Vietnamese relations;
- – the experience of Vietnamese students who decided to study in Siberia;
- – the impressions that Vietnamese students who study at TSU have about Russia and Siberia;
- – the ways to overcome intercultural differences between Russian and Vietnamese students;
- – the features of training programs for specialists in communications at the universities of Russia and Vietnam;
- – and the employment opportunities in Vietnam with the degree received at Tomsk State University.
During the online meeting, we are planning a friendly dialogue between:
- – lecturers from the Department of Social Communication, Faculty of Psychology at TSU;
- – representatives of the Department of International Relations at TSU;
- – teachers from Russian Universities, where students from Vietnam study;
- – teachers and students from Vietnamese universities who have professional interest in Public Relations, advertising, media communications, intercultural communications and linguistics;
- – international students who study Advertising and Public Relations at TSU;
- – Russian language teachers from Vietnamese specialized schools and their students;
- – TSU graduates who returned to Vietnam after completing the degrees.
If you decide to take part in the event, contact us on email@example.com to discuss the format of your participation and receive a link to the Zoom video conference.
The coordinator of the event is Irina Guzhova, Associate Professor of the Department of Social Communications.
The meeting will be held in English and Russian.
Active participants of the meeting will receive the electronic Certificate of Participation in the international event organized by Tomsk State University.
We are always open to cooperation!
Department of Social Communication,
Faculty of Psychology, Tomsk State University