Ph.D. University of Lodz, Faculty of International and Political Studies, Department of International Marketing and Retailing Adjunct Professor.
The author of the first in Poland doctoral dissertation and the first book about nation branding. Expert of Polish Chamber of Commerce in Brand for Poland project. Consultant in brand-related projects for cities, companies, public institutions (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Regional Development etc.) and local governments. A leading consultant in the project on Kazakhstan country brand. Co-author of European Funds Brand strategy in Poland. Member of International Place Branding Association.
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC INTERESTS:
Place branding and marketing, place brand effectiveness measurement, place brand identity formation, citizen involvement in place branding.
- 2016 – in progress: Towards the Conceptual Framework for the Measurement of City Brand Strategy Effectiveness. Theoretical Developments and Empirical Insights from sixty six Polish Cities. 2-year research grant funded by National Centre of Science;
- 2016 – Expo 2022 Lodz – cooperation with Lodz Expo Team and the City Hall, consultations, co-organization of seminars, participation in conceptual and creative workshops;
- The Formation of Country Brand ‘Kazakhstan’ in the context of innovative development of the country, 2014 – 2015, Research Grant funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan in partnership with Kazakh Economic State University. Main external consultant; creating Kazakhstan brand model and implementation system;
- School for Leaders of the Polish Community Abroad, 2013 – present, speaker on country branding and diaspora diplomacy;
- The Brand of Lodz Voivodship, 06.2012 – 09.2012: Analyst, consultant;
- Member of Advisory Board of The EC1 Łódź – the City of Culture, 2009 - 2012, (www.ec1lodz.pl);
- International Marketing Management Post-Graduate Studies, University of Łódź, 2008 – 2011, co-creator, tutor;
- International Hotel Management Post Graduate Studies, University of Łódź, 2011- 2014 (programme designed for Hotel Managers of Orbis-Accor Group), tutor;
- Building a nations’s brand. Challenges, Methods, Best pracice, research project for the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 12. 2007;
- Branding Lodz - strategic approach to building the city’s image (10.2005 – 12. 2006). Research project commissioned by the Mayor of the City of Łódź;
- Communications Strategy of European Funds in Poland 2007-2013 (6.-10. 2006, with Institute of Polish Brand), project commissioned by the Ministry of Regional Development;
- Brand for Poland – international project led by Wally Olins 2004 - 2010, Institute of Polish Brand (The Polish Chamber of Commerce).
KEY SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS:
- A book: Marka Narodowa. Jak skutecznie budować wizerunek i reputację marki, Polskie Wydawnictwo Ekonomiczne, Warszawa 2011;
- City brand strategy evaluation: in search of effectiveness indicators , Journal of Place Management and Development, Vol. 8, Issue 3, 2015, with J. Anders – Morawska http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/full/10.1108/JPMD-06-2015-0023;
- On Measuring Place Brand Effectiveness – Between Theoretical Developments And Empirical Findings, wysłano do: “Economics and Sociology”,with: A. Augustyn, M. Florek;
- Komunikacja cyfrowa miejsc: doświadczenie, partycypacja, współtworzenie, Zeszyty Naukowe Wyższej Szkoły Bankowej w Poznaniu, 2016, t.67, nr 2, ISSN 1426;
- Place branding and citizen involvement – participatory approach to building and managing city brands, “International Studies. Interdisciplinary Political and Cultural Journal”, Vol 19, Issue 3, 2016;
- Leveraging country and corporate brands – how emerging countries can find their way in the global economy. The case of Brand for Poland project (with T. Domański) [w:] Value-added partnering and Innovation in a changing world (eds. M van Geenhuizen, D.M. Trzmielak, D.V. Gibson, M. Urbaniak), International Series on Technology Policy and Innovation, Purdue University Press West Lafayette, Indiana, 2009;
- Citizen involvement, place branding and mega events – insights from Expo host cities “Place Branding and Public Diplomacy”, (współautorstwo z M. Florek), dostępne online od 11 stycznia 2018; https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/s41254-017-0082-6;
- Academic Potential as a Component of City Brand Equity Case study of Lodz and Lodzkie Region, [w:] (red.) Tomasz Domański, The Role of the Universities in the Promotion of Cities and Regions, Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego, Łódź 2014.
SELECTED INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES WITH PRESENTATIONS:
- “Sustainability, liveability and connectivity”, Institute of Place Management Conference, Poznan, 6-8 May 2015;
- International Place Branding Association Inaugural Conference, Londyn, 8-10 November 2016;
- 2nd Consumer Research Summit Place & Identity: advancing theory and practice , 20th June 2017, Chester, UK;
- The Institute of Place Management, IPM 4th International Biennial Conference, Theme: INCLUSIVE PLACEMAKING, 7- 8 September 2017, Manchester, UK;
- 2nd Conference of International Place Branding Association, 6-7 December 2017, Swansea, Walia;
- ICIPMG 2018 : 20th International Conference on Innovations in Public Management and Governance, Amsterdam, 10-11 May, 2018;
- Public Management Research Conference (PMRC) 2018, 31 May- 2 June 2018 Singapore.