PhD in Philosophy, Associate Professor. Nizhny Novgorod State Technical University n.a. R.E.Alekseev, the editorial Board of the scientific literature, editor.
PROFESSIONAL AND SCIENTIFIC INTERESTS:
- theoretical and applied communicativistika;
- visual studies;
- philosophical and sociological problems of science and technology;
- pedagogics of higher school.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL CAREER:
PhD in Philosophy (1994), associate Professor (1999); head of the Department of social Sciences, DPI NSTU (2003-2015), associate Professor of humanitarian disciplines (2015-2018); the editor, the Editorial Board of the scientific literature NSTU them. R. E. Alekseev (2018).
KEY SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS (2012-2015):
- "Who says?" or communicative bases of construction of social reality https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=22444003
- Network communications: a new reality of management https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29299676
- Reality in the context of communication: "read" world and" lived " text https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=28839456
- member of the organizing Committee, the head or academic Secretary of the sections of the conference report: "the Future of technical science. International youth scientific and technical conference" (2013-2015); "a Russian student: the citizen, the personality of the researcher. All-Russian scientific-practical conference" (2012-2015);
- head of section "Personality, education, science: from sociology to self-knowledge and social action (to the 100th anniversary of NSTU. R. E. Alekseev)" X International student's scientific conference "Student scientific forum" – 2018 http://www.scienceforum.ru/2018/314
TOPIC OF THE REPORT:
Nizhny Novgorod-Gorky-Nizhny Novgorod: communicative and socio-constructivist aspects of territory branding
Distribution of such expressions as" image of the city"," reputation of the region", etc., confirms that cities and territories have become objects of communicative management. Branding of territories is one of the manifestations of this process, which reaches the maximum intensity in connection with the spread of electronic media
Modern branding acts as a set of practices, the content of which is determined, in our opinion, by the main aspects of brand definition: object, socio-structural, behavioral and cognitive. For each aspect is meant structuring, which is the content of communication management
It is important to take into account that three types of interrelated objects are involved in the process of territory branding. First, it is the natural-activity objectivity of the territory itself; second, the objectivity is symbolic; third, the objectivity of the media. Nizhny Novgorod-Gorky-Nizhny Novgorod is not just a change of settlement names, but also a symbolic marking of the change of epochs. 1221-1932, 1932-1990 and 1990 and again beginning unequal historical periods, covering the changes to all three "objectivity".
Thus, the natural-activity objectivity of the territory is presented as a geographical environment and its development in human social activities. Cities and regions are developing in the context of the General evolution of Russian spaces
The acceleration of historical time in our example is clearly seen in connection with the modernization processes, i.e. with the inclusion of the region and its Central city in the processes of the first, second, third and now fourth waves of industrial (scientific and technical) revolution.
Symbolic objectivity may be disclosed as a set of cultural elements, systems and configurations (in the terminology by P. Sztompka). In relation to the natural activity content it is a representation of the first level.
Media objectivity, especially in its digital embodiment, is presented as a sphere of communication, where cultural codes are operated. This is a representation of the second level, the importance of which is determined by the increasing selectivity towards the object of representation, the increasing role of "opinion leaders" and, as a consequence, the strengthening of the "constructivist" content of communication.
Those who develop and implement the technology of branding areas should take into account that the relationship of specific subjects involved in the communication process, strengthens the socio-constructivist trends, with all the ensuing opportunities and threats.
Key words: territory, branding, social communication, social constructivism.