Virtual learning environment as a means of intercultural interaction.
The paper grounds the necessity of application of virtual learning environment as a means of intercultural interaction and summarizes the experience of international intercultural interaction carried out at the Institute of Psychology in USPU within the “Global Understanding” project (East Carolina University, USA). The project has been realized in USPU since 2012. The paper considers organizational and technical requirements of arranging virtual learning environment. It also analyzes educational opportunities of the project with respect to development of competences crucial for successful self-realization in the global world.
- Krylova S.G. Empirical research of social and perceptual aspects of the computer mediated communication // Knowledge in activity and communication: from the theory and practice to experiment: materials of the Russian scientific conference, Moscow, 13-14 October, 2011 / Institute of Psychology of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow City Psychology and Pedagogical University. – Moscow, 2011. – Access: www.cognicom.confix.ru;
- Krylova S., Мinyurova S., Rudenko N. Assessment of the Socio-perceptive Component of Students' Intercultural Competence in the Global Understanding Class: a Pilot Study of Russian Students' View of Americans // Global Partners in Education Journal. Vol. 3, No. 1, April 2013. pp. 36-48. – Режим доступа: http://www.gpejournal.org/index.php/GPEJ;
- Krylova S.G. Educational potential of cross-cultural interaction // Pedagogical Education in Russia. – 2013. – №4. – P. 19-25;
- Krylova S.G. Social and psychological regularities of understanding of texts of political advertizing // Actual problems of psychology and conflictology: collection of scientific articles / USPU, 2013. – Р. 99-107;
- Abdulova E.V., Krylova S.G., Minyurova S.A. International network interaction within the project “Global Understanding”: educational and research opportunities // New educational technologies in higher education institution: collection of theses of reports of participants of the XI international scientific and methodical conference, Yekaterinburg, 18-20 February, 2014 / Ural Federal University. – 2014. –
- 5h Global Partners in Education Conference, 7-12 May 2012, Greenville, USA;
- 6th Global Partners in Education Conference, 5-10 May 2013, Krosno, Poland;
- New educational technologies in higher education institution: the XI international scientific and methodical conference, Yekaterinburg, 18-20 February 2014;
- 7th Global Partners in Education Conference, 12-17 May 2014, Monterrey, Mexico.